Kaboom is the fast, simple and fun way to share disappearing photos and messages anywhere!
Capture your moment, set an expiration and share it with your friends. You can post your self-destructing message on social media or share it using your favorite messaging platform. Kaboom makes it easy to share with the following in-app options: SMS, Email, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and Direct Linking.
Every day, billions of photos and messages are being shared online to exist through infinity. Kaboom gives you full control over what you share online—where you share it and how long it lives.
Users can create and share links for the following type of content:
Status: "Status" may refer to any piece of text that user would like to share online on a forum, social network, or any other place.
- Link: "Link" may refer to any URL that user would like to share online on a forum, social network, or any other place.
- Image: "Image" may refer to either a directly uploaded image or a direct link to an image. The user can upload the image to Dropbox by authorizing the Kaboom application for Dropbox account. Kaboom will delete the content from Dropbox folder after the expiration criteria set by the user. All images whose links are generated on Kaboom are modified such that any recipient of the link would not be able to save the picture in a recognizable format. However, the recipients can still take screenshots.
- Video: "Video" may refer to a direct link to video available online on youtube.
- Email: "Email" may refer to any text that a user would link to send an email. All such texts whose links are generated on Kaboom are modified such that any recipient of the link would not be able to save the text in a recognizable format. However, the recipients can still take screenshots.
The user has the ability to set the following criteria for expiration of the content:
- Expire after a fixed number of days.
- Expire after a fixed number of clicks/views.
A user can choose to share content in two modes:
- Permissive Mode: If the user chooses this mode to share then anyone who clicks the link will be able to view the content.
- Non-Permissive Mode: If the user chooses this mode to share then anyone who clicks the link would be required to log in to Kaboom before viewing the content.
Relationship to Hotspot Shield
Any user who is running HotspotShield (Free, Trial, or Elite) will be able to use all the functionalities of Kaboom. This would include the ability to view the stats and manage the links. Any user logged in with non-anonymous Hotspot Shield id will have access to the links and stats on any device where he logs into Kaboom with the same ID. However, any anonymous user would lose access to all the links on other devices or if the device is formatted. The links would be visible on the internet though, until individual expiry dates or criteria are met.
Please visit www.kaboomit.com